EPIS is an international non-profit association of market pulp producers, which promotes positive awareness of renewable and sustainable cellulose products for the benefit of the society.
EPIS was officially founded in 2005 under Belgian jurisdiction. The association has grown from initially including only European pulp producers into a global collaboration body for the industry. Currently, EPIS members represent about 93 % of market pulp capacity in Europe and some 53 % of the global capacity.
The key strategic themes for EPIS are:
· Identifying, quantifying, and communicating the benefits of cellulose products to society
· Promoting the value of forests and everything that comes with it
· Providing market data of members’ interest with the utmost integrity
· Collaborating in a proactive way with relevant stakeholders
· Cooperating to increase technical know-how with best practices, common standards, innovation, and safety